Do you want a beautiful smile, in spite of a damaged tooth? Could one or more of your teeth benefit from an improved appearance, shape or alignment? If you answered yes, then a dental crown restoration may be the solution for you. For expert metal or porcelain dental crowns in Sacramento, contact Natomas Crossing Dental Care for a consultation. One of our dentists will conduct a comprehensive examination to determine if a crown is an appropriate treatment option for your condition.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
What are dental crowns?
A crown is a natural-looking, permanent “cap” that covers a tooth to restore it to its normal size and shape, strengthening the tooth while improving its appearance. Crowns are made of porcelain, metal or a combination of the two. Porcelain crowns are generally preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Why do I need a dental crown?
Crowns are most often recommended to:
- Replace a large filling when there isn’t sufficient tooth structure remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a broken tooth
- Cover a discolored, misshapen or misaligned tooth
- Replace a missing tooth by covering a dental implant
- Cover a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- Attach a bridge
- Alleviate discomfort caused by cracked tooth syndrome