Do you have one or more missing teeth? Do you want to maintain your brightest smile? If you’re thinking about getting a dental bridge in Sacramento, contact the professionals at Natomas Crossing Dental Care. After a comprehensive examination, we may recommend a tooth bridge to replace your missing teeth, help maintain the shape of your face and alleviate stress in your bite.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
What is a dental bridge?
This procedure replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth. It is made up of two crowns, one on each tooth on either side of the missing teeth, with a false tooth or teeth in between. It is bonded onto the surrounding teeth for support, literally bridging the gap where one or more teeth have been. Your dental bridge is made from gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination of these materials. The artificial teeth are made to look and function like natural teeth.
What are the benefits of a tooth bridge?
A fixed dental bridge:
- Restores your smile — and your confidence
- Restores your ability to speak and chew properly
- Maintains the shape of your face
- Preserves your proper bite
- Prevents your remaining teeth from shifting
Are there different types of bridges?
- Traditional bridges: This popular type of bridge is used when a natural tooth exists on both sides of the gap created by a missing tooth. Traditional bridges consist of one or more false teeth and are bonded in place by dental crowns.
- Cantilever bridges: This type of bridge is similar to a traditional tooth bridge, but the false tooth is supported by a natural tooth on only one side. For this reason, cantilever bridges aren’t as strong as traditional bridges because the bridge is placing force on only one tooth.
- Maryland bridges: A Maryland bridge is a conservative alternative to traditional bridges as it requires little modification to adjacent healthy teeth. This type of bridge uses one or more artificial teeth and two small wings made of tooth-colored resin material to adjoin neighboring natural teeth. This is a great option as a front teeth bridge but can be dislodged easily on the back teeth due to strong biting forces.
- Implant supported bridges: A dental implant bridge consists of a false tooth suspended between two durable implants rather than natural teeth. This type of bridge procedure is typically more invasive than other types of bridges, but it can help retain your natural appearance while also maintaining the stability of your jawbone.
Dental Bridges at Natomas Crossing Dental Care
The procedure starts with your dentist preparing the surrounding teeth to accept the bridge by removing a portion of the enamel to allow room for a crown to be placed over them. Impressions of your teeth are made, which acts as a model from which the bridge, crowns and false teeth will be made in a dental laboratory. Your dentist will provide a temporary bridge for you to wear until your permanent dental bridge is ready. During your next visit, we place and adjust your final bridge. You may need to schedule an additional appointment so we can check that your bridge is fitting properly.
We strive to provide our patients with quality care. Our experienced dentists take everything into account and decide on the best bridge treatment for your teeth. We’ll ensure the bridge is durable and functional and fits well. We can even provide you with a bridge for a missing tooth, so you feel confident in your smile. Rest assured we’ll provide you with the most trustworthy advice and the best options for your budget.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
"I have been a patient at Natomas Dental Crossing for more than 12 years."
I have been a patient at Natomas Dental Crossing for more than 12 years. Dr. Sheila Harris is very compassionate and understanding. She goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. She also has an amazing staff. They make you feel at home when you are with them.
My hygienist Stephanie takes special care in meeting my needs when I'm with her. She is also a great part of the staff.
Natomas Dental Crossing moved into a new state of the art office. They have all of the technology to meet all of your needs in one place. It is very comfortable and a great new home for all of the staff.
I would recommend them to anyone that has special needs, or just wants to find a great team of professionals.
- Edna K.