Dental Implants: A Lasting Solution For Tooth Loss
Do you have one or more missing teeth? You may feel embarrassed about your toothless grin, but you’re not alone. In fact, many adults are faced with the negative consequences produced by missing teeth. The good news is that you don’t have to settle for a compromised smile. Today, many patients are turning to dental implants as a long-term solution for tooth loss caused by decay, disease and injury.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are permanent substitutes for the roots of your missing teeth. Because they are securely implanted into your natural bone tissue, implants are more stable than any other tooth replacement option. Treatment involves the integration of durable titanium anchors into the jaw bone. These artificial tooth roots are then secured with a natural-looking tooth replacement. Today’s implants are built to look, feel and function just like natural teeth. You won’t need to modify your eating habits or lifestyle to accommodate them — and, with proper care, implants can last for many years.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many reasons to consider dental implants as a long-term solution for your missing teeth. Five important benefits of implants include:
- Durable: Implants are made of strong titanium. Your dental implants can last for decades with proper care and regular checkups.
- Natural-looking alternative: Once placed, implants help stimulate the jawbone and promote bone growth. This helps maintain the natural shape of your face and jaw. They are also virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth so you can look and feel your best.
- Allow you to speak normally: Unlike dentures that may slip and need adjustment, dental implants don’t interfere with natural speech.
- No cavities with dental implants: Replacement teeth and implant-restored crowns are artificial, and therefore, cannot form cavities. Of course, you will still need to care for your remaining teeth and the implant site regularly with cleanings and routine exams to prevent problems.
- Healthy teeth unharmed: Unlike dental bridges, which require alterations to neighboring teeth, installing dental implants doesn’t rely on support from your remaining healthy teeth. This helps keep your teeth strong and healthy.
Why Get Dental Implants?
Tooth loss can cause an array of problems to one’s oral and overall health. Poor chewing habits, improper bite, issues with speaking, tooth decay and shifting of neighboring teeth are just a few of the negative effects of missing teeth. In severe cases, missing multiple teeth can also increase your risk for bone density loss in the jaw. Dental implants can help you restore your oral health, function and self-confidence. Natomas Crossing Dental Care can determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental and medical history.
Call Today — Learn More About Dental Implants
If you are missing one or more teeth, it’s not too late to reclaim your beautiful smile! To learn more about dental implants and other replacement options for tooth loss, contact Natomas Crossing Dental Care today. We offer both family and pediatric dental services for patients of all ages in Sacramento!